Bus Services in Red Zones of Camp Diable and Bonne Terre
- Following Government decision to declare the regions of Camp Diable and Bonne Terre as red zones, the Ministry of Land Transport and Light Rail wishes to inform the public that no bus will operate within these localities. However, buses will be available in the red zones for the conveyance of students sitting for the SC and HSC examinations only.
- Buses bearing the sticker ‘Examination Bus’ will operate during the examination period to enable students residing in the red zones of Camp Diable and Bonne Terre to attend their Examination Centres. Invigilators and non-teaching staff who reside in the red zones and who are involved in the SC and HSC examinations will also be allowed to travel in those buses.
- Examination Buses will be provided from Camp-Diable to Mahebourg (Individual Operator) and by the National Transport Corporation (NTC) from Camp-Diable to Riviere des Galets and from Camp-Diable to Curepipe via Rose Belle and Nouvelle France. Likewise, Examination Buses will be provided by the NTC to students and invigilators residing in the region of Bonne Terre to enable them to proceed from Bonne Terre to Curepipe and from Bonne Terre to Quatre Bornes.
- The public is also informed that buses operated by Individual Operators along Route 10 (Riviere des Galets to Mahebourg) will not be allowed to circulate through the village of Camp Diable. These buses, when coming from the direction of L’Escalier will circulate through Batimarais but will not be allowed to collect or alight passengers thereat. Likewise, these buses, when moving in the opposite direction will circulate through Batimarais to L’Escalier without collecting or alighting passengers within Batimarais. On the other hand, bus services provided by the NTC on Routes 61 (Chateau Benares to Curepipe), 61A (Camp Diable to Curepipe) and 245 (Camp Diable to Port Louis) will temporarily cease to operate until further notice.
- Measures announced in the Communiqué issued by this Ministry on
02 May 2021 regarding the regions of Benares, Batimarais, Riviere des Anguilles, Saint Aubin and Tyack remain unchanged.
- Buses of the NTC operating on the routes detailed below will circulate at Bonne Terre but will not be allowed to collect or alight passengers thereat:
|3||Port Louis to Vacoas|
|3A||Port Louis to Vacoas/Phoenix|
|3B||Port Louis to Bord Cascade|
|3D||Port Louis to La Marie|
|4||Quatre Bornes to Curepipe via St Paul|
|4A||Quatre Bornes to Curepipe via Floreal|
|37||Curepipe to Mont Roches via St Paul|
|37A||Curepipe to Mont Roches via Floreal|
|65A||Cinq Arpents to Quatre Bornes via Carreau Laliane|
|65B||Hermitage via Quatre Bornes via Carreau Laliane|
|65C||Cinq Arpents to Quatre Bornes via Carreau Laliane|
|68||Rose Hill to Curepipe via Vacoas|
|68A||Rose Hill to Curepipe via Vacoas/Floreal|
|122||Curepipe to Camp Levieux via Vacoas|
|153||Curepipe to St Pierre via Vacoas/Candos|
|170||Port Louis to Curepipe via Vacoas/Candos|
- The Ministry of Land Transport and Light Rail relies on the usual collaboration of the public.
Ministry of Land Transport and Light Rail 09 May 2021