HOME SLAUGHTER ON THE OCCASION OF EID-UL-ADHA FESTIVAL
The Public is hereby informed that further to the Communiqué issued on 8 July
2021 for the authorization of home slaughter of animals in the context of EID-ULADHA festival on 21 July 2021, Government has decided that permits will be issued as from tomorrow, Tuesday 13 July 2021 instead of Thursday 15 July 2021.
Authorization for home slaughter will be given for the following:
- Local bulls of 2 years of age or above and local male goats/sheep of 1 year of age and above; and
- Imported bulls of 2 years of age and above and imported male goats/sheep of 1 year or above, which have completed a quarantine period of 14 days
- Members of the Public wishing to perform home slaughter of the aforesaid animals can apply for a home slaughter permit as from Tuesday 13 July 2021 till Thursday 22 July 2021 at the following places: –
• Livestock & Veterinary Division, Réduit : (Tel :454 1016)
|• Flacq Veterinary Sub-Office:||(Tel: 413 4552)|
|• Abercrombie Veterinary Sub Office:||(Tel: 216 6522)|
|• Rose Belle Veterinary Sub Office:||(Tel: 627 7896)|
|• Socovia (Belle Vue) Ltee, St Martin:||(Tel: 208 3966/67)|
|• Agro Boss Feedlot Ltd, La Chaumiere:||(Tel: 217 0911).|
- Applicants should clearly indicate:
- the tag number of the animal to be slaughtered;
- address of purchaser; and
- the exact date and place of slaughter.
- Jute/plastic bags will be supplied to applicants upon issue of the home slaughter permits, for disposal of hides, bones and other unused items after the slaughter of the animal.
- Disposal of hides, bones and other unused items will be ensured by the District Councils and Municipalities.
12 July 2021
MINISTRY OF AGRO-INDUSTRY AND FOOD SECURITY
9th Level, Renganaden Seeneevassen Building
Cnr Jules Koenig & Maillard Streets